Paul Taggart : Current Projects
Eileen (my Life & Business Partner) and I share a love of the Northern Highlands of Scotland, where we are based. There are breathtaking sunrises and majestic sunsets, sandy beaches and rugged coastlines, seaboard villages and farming communities, remote hamlets only accessible by single track roads. Fields full of sheep and newborn lambs, sleek black Aberdeen Angus and shaggy-coated Highland cattle, cover the gently undulating terrain, not to mention swaying heads of golden barley.
'The Highland Gems Collection', 'The Heritage Collection' and 'Spirit Of The Highlands' are on-going collections in which I set out to evoke the culture, history, nature, sense of community and daily life of the area in which we live and so many visitors enjoy - examples featured below.
Creating Tomorrow's Heritage Today
The sense of community is the key to life up here, where people support each other, particularly in the remote hamlets, villages, isolated crofts and homesteads. Contributing to the welfare of others plays an important role in Highland society with constant fund-raising coffee mornings running alongside major sponsorship drives for a host of different causes and organisations.
It is therefore our pleasure to support some of these projects, through dedicated Fund-Raising Limited Edition Prints and fund-raising projects/events.
Currently we are supporting five particular projects:-
- RNLI Scotland - with the 'Reflecting on Longhope Sound' Limited Edition Print and additional fund-raising events.
- Highland Field Sports Fair – with the Commemorative Fund-Raising Limited Edition Print plus an annual painting produced on-the-spot during the Fair and subsequently donated to a different charity each year.
- Macmillan Cancer Support – with the 'Lone Piper' 'The Low Road' and 'Christmas Bells' Limited Edition Print and additional fund-raising events.
- Highland Hospice - with the 'Winter Solstice', 'Gates of Dawn' and 'Swan Loch' - Limited Edition Prints and additional fund-raising events.
- Easter Ross Ploughing Association - with the 'Breaking Mists' Limited Edition Print and yearly painting donated to their annual Prize Draw